Rea of Hope Helps West Virginia Women and Children
The number of women struggling with addiction and/or alcoholism has dramatically increased. Rea of Hope is a proven solution. Our program provides women a path to sustained recovery, saves tax payer dollars and reunifies mothers and their children.
Rea of Hope is about sustained abstinence based recovery and the reunification of families
- Rea of Hope provides a model of care that teaches women how to "LIVE" without drugs and alcohol and puts them on a path to sustained recovery
- Rea of Hope provides safe affordable housing, case management, life skills and referrals for counseling and health care
- Rea of Hope has celebrated over 225 graduates from 44 counties in West Virginia
- 350 children have gotten their mommies back, hundreds of parents and step parents have gotten their daughters back and countless family members and friends have been impacted by the ripple effect of recovery
- Rea of hope has 4 locations in Charleston's Historic East End
Rea of Hope Boast
- Continuing education opportunities at all levels, GED to Masters
- 100% Full time employment of all residents
- A proven track record with excellent results
- Personal responsibility driven and 12 Step oriented program
The mission of Rea of Hope is to help West Virginia women suffering from alcohol and/or drug addiction by teaching [the] life skills and self-sufficiency required to reach sustained recovery, while providing safe, affordable housing.
Rea of Hope averages 45 admissions a year with an average daily census of 30 women and children. While these numbers may seem low, the ripple effect is in the thousands. Annually we are able to provide an average of 8277 shelter night for adults, 1476 shelter nights for children, 3640 sit down meals and 10,192 make your own breakfast and lunches.
"We're in the business
of second chances."
CCS, LAC, NCAC
Founding Executive Director with 34 plus years of personal recovery and over 33 years professional experience in treating substance use disorders.
Rea of Hope is a proven and effective solution. We can help!!!
At Rea of Hope, we believe in...
especting and treating our residents with dignity and compassion
mpowering women to be self-sufficient
ccountability and adherence to a twelve-step abstinence-based treatment model
pportunities for success
bligation and commitment
xpecting the best in all that we do
Rea of Hope operates with a sense of family that supports women through recovery.